The In Balance Ranch Academy, based on the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous and research-based relapse prevention models, is a high quality therapeutic boarding school for adolescent boys 13 – 17.5 years of age. In Balance Ranch Academy is located in beautiful southern Arizona, less than an hour from Tucson. Mountain ranges serve as a backdrop to a peaceful, desert landscape that promotes self-reflection and serenity. Our ranch provides young men with an experiential program that inspires self-evaluation, interpersonal discovery, personal responsibility, excellence in all endeavors, life-changing values of service, and, most importantly, recovery from chemical dependency.
The In Balance Ranch Community is committed to assisting each student and his family in the journey of recovery, sobriety, and academic achievement. We endeavor to facilitate healing in the individual and in the family, equipping them with the necessary tools to live a healthy, productive and joyful life.
The In Balance Ranch Academy program provides:
- A comprehensive integrated 12 Step Based Recovery Program
- An individualized academic program designed to ensure success
- College prep courses – SAT/ACT testing preparation
- College application counseling and assistance
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Equine Assisted Therapy
- Family education and support
- Experiential learning –Horsemanship and Riding Program, Challenge Courses, Health, fitness and Nutrition instructions
- Leadership and motivational training
- Wilderness “Success” programs
- “Recovery through Service” projects
- Work Ethic – vocational training
(i.e. carpentry, landscaping and other job skills)
- A positive peer culture
- Family Workshop Weekends three times a year
Counseling services provided by In Balance Counseling, Inc. which is licensed through the Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Behavioral Health Licensing.
Accreditation, Licensure, Approval:
AZ Department of Health Services, Office of Behavioral Health Licensing, North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement
The Commission on International and Trans-Nationa